Here are a few tips on how to prepare for finals!!
1. Start Early!- Do not try pulling an all nighter! Start studying at least a week before your scheduled final exam. Give yourself enough time to study and prepare and understand the things you are unsure of/ uncomfortable with.
2. Make a Schedule/Organize!- Write down everything you need to prepare for. Make a calendar of your finals, and when you need to study, and how much. If you write it down, you are more apt to study then.
3. Outline!- Make outlines of all the material you need to cover for each test. Summarize all the material and highlight the information that you have had trouble with.
4. Sleep/Exercise/Eat Right!- Make sure you are getting an adequate amount of sleep each night. Do not get just a few hours then load up on sleep the next night. You need at least seven hours of sleep each night to function properly. Your brain needs to think while taking a test, and without proper amount of sleep you will have a difficult time thinking properly. Make sure you are keeping your body physically healthy. Walk, exercise, and eat properly. Even just getting outside for a short period of time and getting fresh air and walking around will help. If you have studied for large periods of time, get out and exercise for a while and regenerate your brain.
5. Utilize Resources, Don’t Panic!- Use the resources available to you to prepare. Go in and study with groups, talk with professors, go to writing workshops, etc. It’s better to be over prepared then not prepared at all. When you are finished with one final, don’t panic. You can’t change your score once it’s done and over with. Panicking will not change the answers. Begin preparing for your next exam, and don’t stress.